Optionsnet was founded at 2000 by a team of Patras' University postgraduate Computer Engineers.
Major milestones of the company's growth are summarized below:
Ø In 2002, the company in collaboration with the Institute of Bio-Medical Technology of Patras (INBIT) develops a Bio-Medical Technology Management System (BIT), and acquired significant expertise in an emerging industry.
Ø In 2004, company executives are involved in the project team that developed the information system of expropriation of the Ministry of Environment.
Ø In 2006, OPTIONSNET participates as a major partner in a partnership for the implementation of a Greek General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) project, along with the University of Patras (Department of Medicine and Department of Mechanical Engineering), the company ANCO AE and the company BleuDev. The project,which was successfully completed at 2008, was entitled: "Development of Methods of Computational Intelligence for the Restoration of Lower Extremity Disorders".
Ø In the period 2006-2009, OPTIONSNET undertakes, as a main contractor, a series of individual government and public bodies' projects. Indicative projects are:
- Design and Development of an e-Democracy Portal, in the context of an interregional project for the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation of Western Greece (BIC Western Greece).
- "Collection and Digitization of cultural content - Translation – Portal & Multimedia Application Development" for the Prefecture of Achaia.
- Upgrading the main Portal of the Prefecture of Achaia, adding e-services and a complete citizen's guide.
- "E-evaluation". An integrated web-based information system for the electronic evaluation procedure for the Greek Open University.
- Maintenance Services-Operation and Expansion of the Information System of the Department of Expropriation (D12) of the General Secretariat of Public Works of YP.O.ME.DI.
- "Material Selection - Digitization - Portal & Multimedia Application Development" for the Kyllini Municipality.
Ø In 2009 and 2010, the company broadens its customer base, with the award and implementation of a project for the Technical University of Cyprus.Additionally, in 2010, the company participates as a partner in European and National research projects (GSRT, FP7). Two of these projects approved and initialized in 2011. The approved projects are:
- "Safe and revocable biometric ID cards, used in Diffusion Intelligence Environments"
- "People Localization for Safe Ship Evacuation, During Emergency".